Monday, November 21, 2016

Week 8 11.15.16 - 11.21.16

Hello Family and Friends, 

Let me start by saying a mission is a roller coaster ride of emotions... this week was exactly that! Two things pulled me through this week... 1) I got an amazing blessing from my District Leader Elder Botalla. Which was a miracle/answer to my prayers that he showed up at the church when he did. We were having comp inventory, the time when we talk about our issues as a companionship etc, and I kept telling myself I needed a blessing and that I could just wait till interviews next week and get one from President Lee. But I broke down and Sister Tu'ivailala went into the other room where the APs and DL were waiting for a gator for a baptism interview. And all 4 walk in. Elder Coy, an AP, said a prayer. Then I asked Elder Botalla if he could give me the blessing. And just WOW!!! I recommend to anyone who feels lost or just down to take advantage of the amazing worth priesthood holders around you! 2) Was my constant reading of my Patriarchal Blessing. Things happened this week that just made me feel lost about my future and hurt and sad, but reading that blessing every day honestly helped a ton remembering whose I am and the grand things he has in store for me and my life. I highly recommend Everyone to get a Patriarchal Blessing. It truly is a blessing from Heavenly Father himself. It is your own personal scriptures and from the words of President Monson, "it is your personal Liahona"

As far as what happened this week... We helped Lorraine (non member) who just got home from the hospital, clean her house. She is such a sweet lady and is so weak, but every time we go over and help she prays for us rather than herself. She is amazing! 

We then had a lesson with Sharon (investigator) whose house is already decorated for Christmas! We taught her from the Introduction to the BoM and she kept asking us questions about where it talks about it in the Bible. We then had dinner with our Golden Members, the Hays couple, they are both RMs and just moved here. 

We then had District Meeting which was honestly AMAZING! We had two great trainings on King Josiah and Faith. We had a great dinner at the Matzke's (Less-Actives) home and then had a lesson at the church building with Lisa (investigator) and Sister Thomas (member). We taught her the Plan of Salvation and she cried. She is AMAZING! I honestly love her so much!! We set a Baptism Date with her for January 21st!! The Spirit So Strong in that room!!! Crazy thing is her niece who lives in Missouri was baptized into the church a few days after our first lesson with Lisa. Lisa even said, "Coincidence? I think not!" 

Then on Thursday morning we had to take Sister Caton to the mission office. We then had to pick up Sister Anderson and Sister Gilbert. We all went to FarmShare and then went to the Mandarin 2nd Ward Sisters apartment for training. Sister Tu'ivailala loved it, she was our Mother Goose, cause the rest of us are all in training. We had a lesson with Jessica (investigator) who has a cute little girl who is 4 and brought Sister Santos (member) who just got sealed to her husband. Every time we go over there her cat comes and curls up on my lap, so cute, even though I really don't like cats... We taught her the Plan of Salvation and it was amazing! We set a baptism date with her for December 31st!! So EXCITED!!!! 

On Friday we went to the mission office to finish some of my online training. It was much needed, even though we had amazing lessons, I have been breaking down on the inside and have cried every night in prayer to God to help me feel and think better about myself. That night is the night we had companion inventory and I got a blessing from Elder Botalla. Just Wow! Half the things he said was exactly from my Patriarchal Blessing and everything was what I needed to hear!! 

Then Saturday we tried to visit Less-Actives in our area book. And found a New Investigator!!!!! Her name is Sheena... we had a quick lesson with her at the door and set up a return appointment. We then went to a baptism for a 10 year old boy named Aaron. He's the APs investigator and is so cute and really awesome! 

Then the STL's took Sister Tu'ivailala and I out to ice cream at my favorite place here. Sunday was disappointing... Neither Lisa or Jessica came to church.... that is probably the one thing that I don't like the most about missionary work... this work is based on others agency to accept and commit... But I still love everyone we talk to here!!!! Oh man the FJM is truly Great!!!!!

Pre-Congrats to Mr. and Mrs. Wong!!

Pre-Happy Thanksgiving Y'all!! Sister Tu'ivailala and I are going to dinner with a family in our ward. We are going to their family barn!!! It is called Chandler Oaks... look it up on FB... it is gorgeous!!

Love,
Sister Foster
 
 
Sister Tu'ivailala and I waiting for our car tires to be fixed...




 
Left to Right... Sister Anderson (Mandarin YSA also was in my MTC District) Sister Gilbert (Arlington area) Sister Harris (Mandarin 2nd area) Sister Tu'ivailala (my trainer) and Me!!




 
Look at this door mat!! Hahahahahaha
A random video of Sister Tu'ivailala and I checking out this church you can't see from the road... 

No comments:

Post a Comment