Monday, December 26, 2016

Week 13 12.20.16 - 12.26.16

MERRY BE-LATED CHRISTMAS Y'ALL!!!
This week was great! We went to the Jacksonville Zoo for Pday. I saw GATORS!!! I may or may not have ran right up to them with a huge smile on my face... and they may or may not be my wallpaper... haha...
 

The next day we were on bikes in 45°-55° weather and misty air. We did service for Lorraine, she is older and sick but so sweet and kind. We then did service for the Hunt's, she is a member and he is not a member they are a super cute old couple whom I love! We then biked to visit less-actives and other appointments. 

I truly do love my district. We had an amazing district meeting. We then went to Farm Share and also taught Lisa Toms about Learning and Serving in the church. She had some questions about callings and her family being together. I was able to bear my testimony to her on both. I told her how inadequate I felt when I was called to be in the Relief Society presidency and how I needed to pray and act on the faith that I have in my bishops authority and in Jesus Christ. I know that he knows what is best for me and what I need in my life. And how we will receive all of God's blessings as we trust in him and strive to do what is upright and truly live the commandments of God. 

The next day we went to President Lee's and Sister Lee's to talk with them. I needed some help adjusting and guidance on some personal struggles I am having. It was amazing to talk with him and
walking away I truly know that I was called to this mission because of President Lee. We then went to the mission office and I got my Packages!!! 


I got to vacuum a deck this week... and we went caroling with the sisters in my district. We heart attacked a few sisters in our ward... I almost died... I tripped and fell down a ditch on the side of the road... haha... on Friday we had a miracle time finding! We found several people and taught them the Restoration. We also had a miracle on Wednesday and found a new investigator across
the street from some members. We then had a delicious Christmas Eve brunch with my favorites the Carver Family!! They remind me so much of my family it's crazy!! Haha... We went to a senior couples for lunch with our Zone and then to dinner at the Readings/Hudgins party. (Members in our ward) We had a wonderful night by the river across from downtown caroling as a zone. I would chase
people down and had them pass-along cards and talk with them about their faith in Christ. One couple had an adorable dog that jumped on me and the gentleman was a less-active member. 


Then Christmas morning we went to the mission home and I was charged with manning the cooking
of the eggs and bacon!! We then had a brunch with our ward mission leader and then went home and opened our gifts. We went to church and sang in the choir. Our ward came together and filled gigantic
stockings for us. We then Skyped home and spent our night at the Aniel's eating Filipino food and enjoyed the company of all. Last night before going to bed Sister Gibb made me go through her clothing with her... I am not ready to say bye to her... we are making this week the best week of her mission!!!

I hope y'all had a Merry Christmas and now have a Happy New Year!!!

Love y'all so much!!
Sister Foster

GATORS!!!!!

....biking.... in the cold....

packages

stockings

Zone caroling

No comments:

Post a Comment