Monday, December 19, 2016

Week 12 12.13.16 - 12.19.16

Hey Y'all!
This week has been another great week in Miracle Mandarin. My comp Sister Gibb LOVES to bike, so we bike everywhere when we don't have the car. It is a ton of fun!! It's getting humid and gross here...I want to chop off my hair now... ugh! We had the opportunity to serve a lot this week. We helped Sister Johnson paint crafts and wrap gifts. We helped Yvette clean up her garden and then later helped her clean out her kitchen and reorganized it. We were able to have power lessons with members this week and challenged them to give two people the pass along cards and to invite
their friends to the Christmas Day church service. We have already had members share with us their experiences of the challenge and one has invited three of her friends. I love the members here, they
truly want/love to help us missionaries, its amazing!! 


While visiting with some members this week, one of them was talking about the reason for the season. He said, "Its all about what's under the tree!" Then I said, "Actually it's all about what's under the straw.... oh wait I meant star!!!" Everyone erupted in laughter!! Oh man... in my defense I was super tired and hungry... but remember this season is all about what is under the straw... star... haha... 

I realized this week that I have a tiny love for Harry Potter...we met a less active and her husband have a custom made pensive with pictures of their story. He spent a whole year planning the Harry
Potter scavenger hunt proposal. And even planned a Harry Potter scavenger hunt the year prior so when the proposal one happened she wouldn't suspect anything... they have Everything Harry Potter!!
We also had another Amazing lesson with Lisa! We taught her about Tithing and Fast Offerings. She then had us over for dinner and while we were eating she was talking to us about how she wants to be a light to others and help those around her become better people. Lisa is still on track for her Baptism Date of January 21st!!! She is Elect y'all and I love her so much!!!!
 

This week we went to go find a less active... he lives off of a major highway and so we turned off it onto a dirt road that for two miles is through over grown Florida wild life for some reason I could not stop laughing the whole time... we then came across a bunch of random houses and tried to find his. We got to the end of the road and ended up in a mud pit with a dog chasing the car... oh I am also the one driving... I may have been freaking out. Then out comes this drunken man with no shirt on and mangled hair and beard with his beer in one had and gun in the other... he said, "little ladies y'all better get lost! I have been pulling people out of that thing all day!" We asked him if he knew the name of the man we were looking for and he said no, so we swung around and went back to the other houses... never found the guy we were looking for.
 

Later that same night we were going to an appointment and there was a sign that said cemetery, Sister Gibb said let's check it out, so I turned onto a dirt road. There was a huge puddle, so we then splashed
through it and I drove up a little more and then Sister Gibb grabbed my arm and gasped... I slammed on the breaks and screamed!!!! AHHHHHH!!!! She could not stop laughing... I am here for her
amusement!!! Haha...
 

Then last night we were knocking and this man opened his door and came right up to both of our name tags calling us by our names and was very rude and scary... he Bible Bashed us... Sister Gibb was really great at staying calm and testified!!! It was amazing... while walking away I started crying... which surprised me so I started laughing and Sister Gibb was very confused... haha... we said a prayer and I felt the Spirit again!!
I hope y'all had great weeks!!

LOVE YALL AND MISS YALL!!!
Sister Foster

I saw my first G-sled this week!!

Me

A cute Candy Cane Reindeer we got from. Member this week!

We got flowers made out of the Harry Potter books from the Less
Active in the color of our house... I don't know what house I am...

No comments:

Post a Comment