Monday, January 16, 2017

Week 16 1.10.17 - 1.16.17

Hello Y'all!

Sorry for the delayed email. Wifi was out at the church... but we played Bball, Volleyball, and Warrior Ball. It was a ton of fun and I love my new district.

This week started with my last few days in Mandarin and as a Trio. I went on splits with the YSA Sisters and helped clean  their investigator Joe's house. (Picture) I got to saw bye to Sharon and teach her one last lesson and I got to say bye to Lisa... I may have shed a couple of tears when saying bye. (Pictures below) We spent the nights this week at my apartment so I could pack... oh how I strongly dislike packing... but I am going to miss Sister Harris and Mann (pictures below)

Transfers... I was honestly nervously packing and went and said bye to Sister Johnson. But as soon as I handed literally everything over to Elder Christensen and Petersen I felt so relieved and calm. All my prayers were answered and I truly knew that the area I have grown to love and the people that are like my family are in good hands. I then met Sister Warr! She is AMAZING! She is hard working, but not over bearing about it. I love her! Our first night we took the traditional Whale picture! (See below) This week we're able to have a great week of lessons and finding here in Ocala 1st Ward! Here are just a few miracles and tender mercies:

We got a self-referral from a lady named Delta for a Bible. We were going out that night with a member and so we had scheduled a time to meet Delta and took our member with us. Once we got there we gave Delta the Bible and talked more about it. She wanted it for her grandson and she told us about her religion and how the Bible has blessed her life. We then testified to her about how the Book of Mormon has blessed our life's. We taught her the Restoration and she was very involved in her answers and asked us to come share more. What truly touched my heart was that our member shared her conversion story of how she was a devout Jew and how when she was approached by missionaries she could see the light within them and how much they truly knew that what they were sharing would change her life. Delta turned to us and said that that is how she felt. It was powerful.

Then just last night we went to have a lesson with a recent convert and he had some neighbors that had asked him if we could go pray with them. We went over and talked with them about their current situation as a family and how they really need a prayer. After we prayed we talked with them more about our purpose as missionaries and how we help guide people and invite them to come unto Christ by being baptized. The mom got so excited cause she has been wanting to get baptized with her daughter for the longest time, but every church she went to wouldn't let them. We explained our purpose and gave them our information. It was such a tender mercy.

All around a great first few days in Ocala, FL with many more to come!!!

Love yall and miss yall!

Love,
Sister Foster

Sister Harris and I then End of the Mandarin Sister Trio.
Me and Sister Randel and Sister Anderson (YSA or Young Single Adult Ward)
Sharon Rose and I
Lisa Toms and I
Whale of a Trio life with Sister Harris and Sister Mann
Sister Johnson and I
Sister Harris and I then End of the Mandarin Sister Trio.
Sister Warr and I are ready for a Whale of a time in Ocala!!

No comments:

Post a Comment