Monday, January 23, 2017

Week 17 1.17.17 - 1.23.17

Hey Y'all!!

Funny story about how I got here to Ocala from Mandarin... Picture this... me, Sister Warr, an older couple in the Ocala Ward.... my three suitcases, my small crate, and my bike (taken apart)..... all in a Prius for three and a half hours..... yup! It was not the most comfortable ride...

Anyway, this week was awesome I am loving Ocala and Sister Warr is amazing! We had everything from dinner at one of my favorite families here house... we got threatened by a drunk man and then went back and taught him about the gospel... we got 6 new investigators and had several lessons this week... we were in the middle of a tornado warning zone... we may or may not have tormented ducks...

The Thompson Family fed us this week and they are a crazy family, but oh so much fun! It was like being home for an hour. They also have an amazing swing in their backyard... I will send a picture of it next week. We got a referral from our Elders and we went by one day and he was drunk and approached our car and said that we need to be careful in that neighborhood cause he almost shot us.... we texted the Elders and he said that there are typically a ton of drunk people over there and we should try again... we went back on our bikes and it was the same guy... but he ended up not being drunk and was super nice and he was interested and accepted the invitation to be baptized!! We also went finding other referrals (people who ask for a free copy of the scriptures or who have an interest and texts the missionaries to learn more) and several of them we taught and had great powerful lessons!!


On Sunday there were tornado warnings all day and the winds were up to 35 mph while we were biking that afternoon. Then after dinner our members were driving us home and the winds were blowing and it was
POURING rain!!!! We ran into our house and then waited for the storm to die down and then went out on our bikes and almost got blown over twice, but it was worth it. There are a ton of ponds in our area and ducks so we pretend to throw bread and they come towards us and then Sister Warr has a red laser pointer that scares them away...

Oh I also gave a talk in church this week.... everyone said it was good... I definitely don't feel that way, but hey at least people understood my logic. It was on the power of music!

I hope y'all had a great week!!

Love y'all! Miss y'all!
Sister Foster


Bringing Sunshine into people's life's one day at a time!
Sister Warr, me, and the Thompson family!
Sister Warr and I!!

No comments:

Post a Comment