Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Week 2 10.6.16 - 10.12.16

Hola mi familia y amigos!

This week has been a great week here at the MTC. It all started with one of the Elders in my district realized that his girlfriend is in our new district that is part of our zone. (so we have new districts that come in each Wednesday to replace the ones who just left and they become part of our zone, which is 3-5 districts here.) Anyways... his girlfriend is now in our zone and he is one of one of our Zone Leaders... Heavenly Father works in so mysterious ways... haha


I got to play REAL volleyball the other day with people who play volleyball rather than just playing with our Elders who are dysfuntcionaly good at volleyball.


The food is still terrible... My comp is amazing... I LOVE being an STL... The Elders (my boys) in the district call me mom, and the best way to describe them is: they stuck a banana on the top of our whiteboard after drawing a face on it and then used a peel as its cap and called it Super Banan (that is not a typo)... Yup... But then they can be the most spiritual and amazing guys you have ever met... Us sisters love them! The Sisters in my district are AMAZING and I love them so dang much, we have become so close and have the best of laughs together!! We get 4 new sisters today and I am so excited!! Last week we got 3 new sisters!


I have been able to learn so much about teaching this past week than I could ever have learned anywhere else. I am now able to teach all 5 lessons pretty well, still working on finding scriptures and corolating them with my Preach My Gospel. These past few days my companion has been really sick, so we have been camping out in our room except for meals and last nights Devotional. She is getting better and we went to the temple this morning... she is a trooper. I have been able to learn to love her more as I have served her and was able to corolate my scriptures with my PMG for the Restoration Lesson... HOORAY!!


Last night we got the privaledge to hear from Elder Bednar on how we can 'dig deeper' into the Conference talks and continue to not only read the standard works, but also the talks given till next conference. Sister Eberting and I ended up sitting by some Elders who are going to Jacksonville next week as well, they told us we have 17 missionaries all heading there together!!! SEVENTEEN!!!!! That is CRAZY!!!!


I leave the MTC on Tuesday morning at 3:30 am.... yay... early flights... My comp is scared, she has never flown before... luckily I am a well trained flyer!! Thank you mom and dad!


On to sad news... One of the sisters in my district dropped my camera and the lens now does not work.


I hope you all are safe and I miss you all!! Can't wait to hear from y'all! (got to start using that)


I am so pumped to be able to head out of here to Jacksonville to not only help clean up from Hurricane Matthew, but to teach people about this glorious gospel and have it become their EVERYTHING!!!


Love,


Sister Foster




TEMPLE


Bumble Bee!


Me, Sister Eberting (my comp), Sister Beckstrand, Sister Mackleprang, and Sister Hansen (the 3 new sisters who came last week)

This is what my camera does now that it is broken... SAD DAY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment