Monday, October 24, 2016

Week 4 10.19.16 - 10.24.16

Hello Family and Friends, 

I AM FINALLY IN JACKSONVILLE!!

Miracles are ALIVE AND WELL!! My bags each weighed 55 lbs... even after we took everything I didn't need out. And then we got to the airport and they weighed them... both were 50 lbs exactly!!!! I immediately said GOD IS REAL!!!! Oh also Elders can be slackers... our bags were all in the bottom of the tour bus we took to the airport... all the Elders were just standing around waiting for the driver to unload our bags... so I jumped into one of the and started to take everything out... I was almost done when an Elder finally said wait Sister Foster let me help you... I said no need thank you though... Seriously... it's all good though.

I am honestly LOVING it here in the great Florida Jacksonville Mission! We landed and were greeted by our Mission President and his wife and the APs... I got to hand out a card and talk to two men about the church. Our first meal was cheesy grits, carnitas, and banana pudding. Yummy! My comp/trainer is Tongan and her name is Sister Tu'ivailala she is from Monterey, California. We are in the Jax East Zone in the Mandarin 1st Ward. There are a ton of Less Active members here, but we have been able to have a ton of lessons with them. We have Golden Hours of knocking on doors and I honestly LOVE IT!! So many people have asked me what I am nervous about and excited about... my answer is always Nothing and Everything!! I don't know
how I am going to survive waking up at 6:30am and not taking naps... I seriously took three naps this week....... everyone else is seeing so much success here... but we seem to always keep dropping investigators.... but I have hope and love for the people here. We are praying to find the Elect everyday!! Anyways... I LOVE BIKING!!!!!!! It is amazing and grand and glorious!

Sister Foster


Me and My comp/trainer Sister Tu'ivailala biking by the river on our way home

No comments:

Post a Comment