Monday, October 31, 2016

Week 5 10.25.16 - 10.31.16

Hello Family and Friends, 

First thing first, I have been on my mission for ONE MONTH!!! AHHH!!! I love it here in the FJM!! Second, I honestly love dogs! When I first got here I was so hesitant around them and petting them, but then I realized I didn't have to be careful about getting their fur on me because I wasn't home where it could get my mom sick... so I kind of went a little crazy this week and literally petted/hugged everyone's dogs... haha 

Jacksonville is so gorgeous! I feel like it is a cross of Columbus, Ohio and Savanah, Georgia. Their is moss everywhere here... I love it! My comp thinks I am weird cause I have taken so many pictures of it... I also Love the Humidity... never thought I would say that, but it's true I love it! I think that will change though once summer hits... I never wear make up, which I love, my skin is so nice here that all I need is mascara and I am good to go. The people here are so nice and it feels like I am back in Ohio by the small town feel I get in such a big city. One weird thing about it here though is the fact that there are lizards Everywhere here!!! Literally everywhere, if you hare a rustle in the bush late a night right behind you, it's not a bunny... it's a lizard... haha

The Ward here is amazing! They are all so loving and willing to help us as missionaries. This week we started out biking and were able to get to everyone we needed to get to and talk to. We got to do service for a lady named Nicole who has had a hard life, she is a single mother of 5 and Army Vet. She is amazing! I had the impression we needed to go see one of our gators and she told us that her sister just got put on life support in the ICU. We then had a lesson with another gator and I invited her to baptism and she said yes. We then went to a service thing we do every Thursday called Farm Share. It helps feed those in need of help and support. We visited with a former gator and did some house work for her. She has bronchitis and has a hard time talking and looks like she is in so much pain. We left her with a word of prayer, she wanted to say it. Not once in her prayer did she ask anything for herself, so asked for us to have blessing poured over us. Wow! Sister Johnson then took us out for my One month mark. And that night we got ice cream, I got banana pudding flavored... mmmm... so good! I love southern food. We also knocked doors that night and knocked into a new gator. She is amazing! In terms of investigators and the work moving forward. These past few weeks have been hard, but very very rewarding! We focused more on L.A. (Less Actives) in the first week, but found two investigators that weren't to interested. And others kept dropping us... but those two investigators that weren't to interested have kept their commitments and are amazing and want to know more. Then we knocked into another new very interested investigator, so we finally have 3 new investigators!!!! Two of which came to the ward Trunk or Treat and loved it!

Our gators are Lisa Tom, Sharon Rose, and Michelle.

Love,
Sister Foster



Had a 'WHALE' of a month on my mission

 the MOSS

Me, Sister Harris, Sister Caton, and my comp Sister Tu'ivailala

No comments:

Post a Comment